List of active policies
|HSeT policy||Site policy||All users|
Your use of the services and website of HSeT (referred to collectively as the « Services ») is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and HSeT (referred to as the “Terms”). HSeT is a Swiss foundation registered under the name Fondation Health Science e-Training in the commercial register of the Canton of Vaud, Switzerland under federal registration number CH-550.1.048.920-8 with head office c/o Kellerhals Carrard, Place Saint-François 1, 1003 Lausanne.
1. Accepting the Terms
In order to use the Services, you must firstly agree to the Terms. You may not use the Services if you do not accept the Terms. You can accept the Terms by:
- Clicking to accept or agree to the Terms, where this option is made available to you by HSeT in the user interface for any Service;
- Before you continue, you should print off or save a local copy of the Terms for your records.
2. Provision of the Services by HSeT
- HSeT is constantly innovating in order to provide the best possible experience for its users.
- You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which HSeT provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
3. Use of the Services
- In order to access certain Services, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process for the Service, or as part of your continued use of the Services. You agree that such information can be communicated to HSeT by other parties in order to administrate, develop and maintain the e-learning resources. You agree that any registration information given to HSeT will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by HSeT, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with HSeT.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
4. Data protection
- In order to access the portal of our website and our Services, you may be required to provide information about yourself (name, surname, title, profession, postal address, telephone or mobile number, email address) as part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the website. We collect data which you provide directly to us or which we derive through your interaction with us, in particular data regarding your learning activities. You agree that information regarding your learning activities can be communicated to HSeT by other parties, such as Universities and institutional partners with which HSeT collaborate to develop online training programs, in order to administrate, develop and maintain the e-learning resources. You agree that any registration information given to HSeT will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- HSeT guarantees that data relating to physical and legal persons are collected, processed and used in full compliance with Swiss law on data protection and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We will only use your personal information for the performance of the Terms (e.g. to enable your use of our Services and website, to send you necessary information about our Services and our relationship, to send invoices, reports, statements, payment reminders and collect payments from you) or for our legitimate business purposes (e.g. to deal with any enquiries or complaints by or about you).
- Your data are not released to third parties unless required for performance of the contract. For the purpose of performance of the contract, your data including data regarding your learning activities may be transferred to our institutional partners in order to administrate, develop and maintain the e-learning resources and develop further e-learning programs. We endeavor to take all appropriate and reasonable measures to ensure that such third parties provide sufficient guarantees to protect your personal data at all times. In addition we do not transfer your data to countries outside Switzerland and UE unless such countries are deemed to have adequate privacy protection or recognized legal mechanisms are in place to ensure adequate protection of your data. You hereby consent to this use of your data.
- Data which we collect from you are stored on a server in Switzerland.
- We may, from time to time, expand, reduce or reorganize our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of our business to a third party. Any personal data that you have provided will, where it is relevant to any part of our business that is being transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Terms, be permitted to use that data only for the same purposes for which it was originally collected by us.
- In accordance with legal requirements, you are entitled at any time to inspect the data stored from your sources and request the rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete data. In certain circumstances, you also have the following rights: (i) right to restrict our processing of your data (ii) the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance (iii) right to object to our processing of data, including in relation to profiling, direct marketing or scientific or historical research purposes (iv) right to have your personal data erased. Please note that if you delete or restrict information we hold about you, it may prevent you from making full use of our Services.
- You may exercise any of the above-mentioned rights in relation to your personal data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have doubts concerning your identity, we will require a piece of identification to prove your identity. We try to respond to all legitimate request within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month, but no more than up to two additional two months, if your request is complex or you we have a number of requests. In this case we will let you know of the extended delay within one month following your request.
- If you consider that our processing of your data infringes the legal regulations, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent authority.
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary for the permitted purposes. We regularly review the data we hold to delete unnecessary data from our systems. We may need to keep certain data for reasonable business or legal purposes (e.g. accounts information, information needed to prevent identity theft, legal disputes and misconduct) even if deletion has been requested.
- HSeT further draws your attention to the fact that due to technical circumstances communication via the Internet is neither secure nor confidential. You are therefore requested not to send confidential information to E-mail addresses, via feedback/contact forms or Forum participants. Any communications reaching HSeT via these channels will be regarded as not confidential and treated accordingly.
- As most websites on the internet, HSeT’s websites generate “cookies” on your computer to manage HSeT’s services. These cookies are needed to identify the user and provide a personalized and relevant content. HSeT does not utilize them for advertising purposes, but to keep your anonymized authentication data from one page to the next page after login. HSeT does not use Google Analytics for marketing analytics and measurement program.
5. Content in the Services and intellectual property
- You understand that all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Services are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. All such information is referred to below as the « Content ».
- You are aware that Content presented to you as part of the Services, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights, some of which may be owned by or attributable to third parties, in particular the contributors who provide Content to HSeT (or by other persons or companies on their behalf). All publications are provided under an exemption of the copyright law justified by their use in teaching and education (Swiss law: CopA CC 231.1 art.19 Federal Act on Copyright and Related Rights). You understand that these publications are for your personal use only, that you are not allowed to disseminate their files or paper copies to third parties and that you are not allowed to post them on an internet site.
- You are aware that HSeT content and learning activities are available under a Creative Commons Attribution – Noncommercial – No Derivative Works License meaning that you may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on this Content (either in whole or in part) unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by HSeT or by the owners of that Content, in a separate agreement.
6. Your passwords and account security
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Services.
- Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to HSeT for all activities that occur under your account.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify HSeT immediately at Support@bio-med.ch.
- You agree that HSeT does not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process of any document, information and/or software made available to you as part of the Services or otherwise in connection with your use of this server.
- HSeT does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The content expressed on HSeT websites may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
9. Medical information
- You understand that information provided by HSeT is not intended to improve or replace the relationship between the patient (or website visitor) and his/her physician.
- You agree that it is not the intention of HSeT to provide specific medical advice, but rather to provide users with information to better understand health and diagnosed disorders. You agree that that the views expressed by Forum participants are their personal opinions. They bear sole liability for Forum entries.
- You agree that HSeT is not liable for the completeness, up-to-datedness or accuracy of the information on its website. The use of this information is voluntary and at the user’s own risk.
10. External links
- You agree that the Services may include hyperlinks to other websites or content or resources.
- You agree that HSeT may have no control over any websites or resources which are provided by companies or persons other than HSeT.
- You acknowledge and agree that HSeT is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources.
- You acknowledge and agree that HSeT is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such websites or resources.
11. Software updates
The Software which you use may automatically download and install updates from time to time from HSeT. These updates are designed to improve, enhance and further develop the Services and may take the form of bug fixes, enhanced functions, new software modules and completely new versions. You agree to receive such updates (and permit HSeT to deliver these to you) as part of your use of the Services.
12. Exclusion of Warranties
- The Services are provided « as is » and HSeT gives you no warranty with respect to them.
- In particular, HSeT, does not represent or warrant to you that:
- your use of the Services will meet your requirements,
- your use of the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error, or
- defects in the operation or functionality of any Software provided to you as part of the Services will be corrected.
13. General legal terms
- The Terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and HSeT and govern your use of the Services, unless you have entered into a specific separate agreement with HSeT, in which case the provisions of such specific agreement will prevail in case of inconsistency with the Terms. You agree that HSeT may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms, by email, regular mail, or postings on the Services.
- You agree that if HSeT does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which HSeT has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of HSeT’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to HSeT.
- If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- You acknowledge and agree that each member of the group of HSeT’s partners shall be third party beneficiaries to the Terms and that such other companies shall be entitled to directly enforce, and rely upon, any provision of the Terms which confers a benefit on (or rights in favor of) them. Other than this, no other person or institution shall be third party beneficiaries to the Terms.
- THE TERMS, AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HSET UNDER THE TERMS, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY SWISS LAW WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAW PROVISIONS. YOU AND HSET AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COMPETENT COURTS IN LAUSANNE TO RESOLVE ANY LEGAL MATTER ARISING FROM THE TERMS